MURATA Koken 村田 好謙
- URUSHI, lacquer
Born in Kyoto 1956
Guest attendant of the NITTEN
- 1975Graduated from Hiyoshigaoka High School, Arts and Crafts, Urushi
Studied techniques of making ceramics under the guidance of HATTORI Shunsho,
- 1986Won the 1st. place Prize at All Kansai Art Exposition.
- 1988Won the prize of prefecture governor of Kyoto at the Kyoto KOGEI Artists'Society Exposition.
- 2000Received the prize for arts new comer of Kyoto city.
- 2001The Japan Crafts in Edinburgh Exhibition invitational, England
Crafts in Kyoto 〔1945ー2000〕 at The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto & Tokyo
- 2005Memorial exhibition for the 100 anniversary of Japan-Norway Exchange, Norway
- 2007Joined artists group KOGEI-KYOTO.
Won the prized for the outstanding works at NITTEN exhibition, again in '09.
- 2008Produced the great wall decoration of five stored pagoda of Kuonji temple the head quarter of Buddhism NICHIREN sect, Yamanashi.
- 2009Selected as the jury of the Asahi Contemporary Craft Exhibition, the KYO-TEN Exhibition, the All Kansai Art Exhibition
- 2011Won the Prime Minister Prize at NIKKO-KAI exhibition.
My idea for KOGEI
I would like to understand the process of purification of human heart, researching brilliant light I could see far away in the distance, and try to express this matter in beautiful ways.