KAWANO Eiichi 河野 榮一
Born in Osaka 1943
Professor of Nara Junior College of Art / Regular member of NITTEN.
- 1973Accepted for the NITTEN Exhibition for the first time.
- 1974Studied techniques of making ceramics under the guidance of KUSUBE Yaichi,
- 1977Won the Mayor’s Prize at the KYO-TEN※ Exhibition.
- 1978Prized as an outstanding work at the NITTEN exhibition, again in 2001.
- 1988Awarded Kyoto Art Exhibition Prize at the KYO-TEN Exhibition
- 1990Won the grand prize at Fretcher International Ceramic Contest, New Zealand.
- 1996Received the SHUMEI Culture Prize from SHUMEI Culture Foundation.
- 2002Won the prize for Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology at the NIKKO-KAI Exhibition
- 2006Selected as the jury of the NITTEN Exhibition, again in 2010. Joined Artists’group KOGEI-KYOTO
- 2011Won the prize for regular member at NITTEN Exhibition.
My idea for KOGEI
Wisely considering the specialty of clay, I aim to make firmly formed and harmonized coloring works. Then I seek the way how to express the theme such as changing of nature, cosmos, God earth, dreams for the sea.