IHAYA Keijin 井隼 慶人
Born in Kyoto 1941
Professor Emeritus of Kyoto City University of Art. / Counselor of the NITTEN
- 1964Graduated from post graduate school of Kyoto City University of Arts.
- 1987Won the prize for the outstanding work at the NITTEN Exhibition, again in 1993.
- 1998Received the SHUMEI Culture Prize of SHUMEI Culture Foundation.
- 2005Became a member of the World Batik Conference in Boston, USA. Won the Prime-Minister Prize at the NIHON-SHIN-KOGEI※ exhibition.
- 2007Ihaya Keijin Memorial Exhibition of the Retirement from Kyoto City University of Arts.
Received the prize of KYOTO CHUO--SHINYO CREDIT Fine-Arts Encouraging Foundation.
- 2011Received the honor award of Arts of Kyoto prefecture.
Joined Artists group KOGEI-KYOTO.
京都市美術館 / 京都市立芸術大学 / 京都大学 / 大阪大学／立命館大学 / 京都中央信用金庫 / MIHOミュージアム / 公益財団法人・日展 / 染・清流館
My idea for KOGEI
In the field of fine-arts, KOGEI has the most intimate relations with human beings and creations, so its purpose and ability must be noticed again in our exhausted and confused social circumstances.